The easiest way to build an online WordPress directory website is to install Web 2.0 Directory plugin. As well it is really easy to convert any existing site into a fully featured directory business website with the directory plugin. WordPress directory plugin for any purposes, and examples would be classifieds, events directory, cars, bikes, boats and other vehicles dealers site, restaurants, pets, real estate portal, wedding site, yellow pages, local directories, map store locator.
There are multiple options to to set up revenue generating streams and control them on your personal WordPress dashboard. You can use the plugin for both free and paid listings. The plugin allows visitors to submit new listings or even packages of listings, claim and manage existing listings using the website frontend. Moreover, it also features location based directory. Maps & map markers functionality gives users fast and easy ability to find nearby places by powerful search system.
The plugin offers tons of features. Print listing, save in bookmarks, download in PDF, SEO friendly pages, images, YouTube and Vimeo videos attachments, custom fields, custom icons, customize colors and much more customization options.
- listings activation* – after successful payment the listing status becomes “active” and displays at the frontend
- listings renewal* – this feature processes directory listing renewal
- listings raise up – raise up listings to the top of all lists, those ordered by date
- listings upgrade/downgrade – charge users if they wish to make their listings featured or sticky and auto-downgrade after expiration
- listings claim* – after successful approval of claim new owner need to pay to renew the listing
* PayPal subscriptions available
WooCommerce directory plugin
With WooCommerce payments system you can:
- manage orders and products in WooCommerce dashboard
- set up additional payment gateways available as WooCommerce Extensions
- compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin
- make scheduled sales
- give users discount coupons
- manage fees and taxes for listings products
- build reports of sales
- give refunds to users
- realize lots of ideas for your business model with WooCommerce Extensions
Features of wordpress directory plugin
- Restrict ads by listings levels
- Sell packages of listings
- PayPal payment gateway including PayPal subscriptions
- Stripe payments service
- Frontend dashboard for regular users
- Invoices management
- WooCommerce payments system compatible
- Sticky and featured listings options
- Raise up directory listings – this option may be payment
- Renew expired listings – this option may be payment
- Upgrade/downgrade listings levels – this option may be payment
- 5-star ratings for listings
- Customizable content fields of different types
- Font Awesome icons for custom content fields
- Category-based content fields
- Order directory listings by rating, distance, content fields
- Powerful search by content fields
- Icons for categories
- Search by categories and locations
- SEO friendly – fully compatible with Yoast WordPress SEO plugin
- Locations search in radius – results displaying on map
- Multiple locations for one listing
- Google Maps and MapBox (OpenStreetMap) integrated
- Search form on a map
- Custom map markers
- Draw search area on a map
- Comments on listings
- YouTube and Vimeo videos attachments for listings
- Images AJAX uploading
- Contact listing owner form + integration with Contact Form 7 plugin
- Bookmarks functionality
- Print listing option
- Get listing in PDF option
- Adapted for reCaptcha
- Fully customizable and easy in configuration
- The plugin uses custom post types and taxonomies
- Responsive design based on Twitter Bootstrap
- Fully compatible with WPBakery Page Builder and SIteOrigin page builder
- directory shortcodes, including: listings, maps, categories, locations, search box, slider
- directory widgets: search widget, categories widget, locations widget, listings widget, buttons, map, slider, sidebars widgets
- Custom Google Map and MapBox styles
- Supports RTL (Right To Left) – layout, functionality, UI widgets
- CSV import/export/bulk update with ability to import images files
Please, note, that Google Maps is no longer free. You must enable billing with a credit card and have a valid API key for all of your projects. https://developers.google.com/maps/billing/understanding-cost-of-use
Google Maps Platform gives $200 credit monthly which gives near 28.000 map loads per month for free.
This is requirement of Google Maps service and not the plugin itself.
WordPress directory plugin conception
Levels of listings control the functionality amount of listings and their directory/classifieds conception.
Each listing may belong to different levels, some may have eternal active period, have sticky status and enabled Google Maps or OpenStreet Maps (MapBox), other may have greater number of allowed attached images or videos. It is perfect base for business model of your directory site.
Each content field belongs to the type that defines its behaviour and display. You may hide field name, select custom field icon, set field as required, manage visibility on pages. Also listings may be ordered by some fields. Note that you may assign fields for specific categories. This is important feature allows to build category-specific content fields.
For instance: there may be special ‘price’ field especially in ‘Classifieds/For sale’ category and all its subcategories, so this field will appear only in listings, those were assigned with this category.
Version 2.7.8 - July 16, 2021 - security update Version 2.7.7 - May 13, 2021 - improvement: MapBox GL version was updated - bug fix: php error in directory_controller.php after last update Version 2.7.6 - May 10, 2021 - new shortcode: [webdirectory-page-title] - improvement: 'hide_listings' parameter in listings shortcode to hide listings on load before search - bug fix: noindex meta enabled in Yoast SEO plugin in Imitation mode - bug fix: [webdirectory-listings] shortcode 'order_by' parameter did not follow on search Version 2.7.5 - April 21, 2021 - new feature: Imitation mode - some themes require imitation mode to get working listings/categories/locations/tags pages - bug fix: slider shortcode was not working after previous update - bug fix: show search button by default on custom home pages - bug fix: close button at the map marker info window did not work on MapBox maps